Sunday, July 15, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  It is July 15, 2012 and this my first post.  I am excited to share my family adventures and most of all my recipes with everyone.  Tonight I am going to be making a recipe I just saw on Pinterest.  It is Pizza Grilled Sandwiches.  Once or twice a month I try to make a new recipe.  This is not hard as I like to search on line for recipes, and I have collected over 200 cookbooks over the last few years.  Where ever I go on vacation I try to pick up a cookbook or two.  I like to bring regional recipes back to the Adirondack Mountains so that I can share them with my family and sometimes reinvent them to be used with wild game from our area.  For instance I found an amazing chili recipe and now use ground Venison in it instead of hamburger.  Cooking the wild game in the tomato base allows the meat to tenderize and the gamey taste is no longer there.  I have had a whole group of woman here for a Mary Kay party and not one of them knew it was Venison till after they ate some.  They were shocked! 

So as I stated earlier, I look forward to sharing my family and my recipes with you and hope you return to visit often.

No comments:

Post a Comment