Sunday, July 15, 2012

Grilled Pizza Sandwiches

Tonight I tried a new recipe, Grilled Pizza Sandwiches.  These sandwiches are made with Italian bread, butter, sliced mozzarella cheese, sliced pepperoni, and Italian seasoning.  You spread butter on one side of each slice of bread, then place one slice, butter down, on the grill pan, now add one slice of mozzarella cheese, then a nice layer of sliced pepperoni, sprinkle some italian seasoning on top, then place a second slice of mozzarella cheeseon top and add the top slice of bread & butter (butter facing up) and grill till golden brown.  Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.

Final Critique: They were very good, however we determined two things.  The first thing, DO NOT substitute sliced mozzarella cheese for shredded mozzarella cheese.  It makes it too hard to flip, and very messy on the grill pan.  Secondly make sure you use good quality pizza sauce.  I had a jar of of store brand pizza sauce that was a bit bitter.  Next time I will make my own or buy a good quality pizza sauce.

Over all these sandwiches were very good and I would serve them again making the corrections above.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They were...giggle. Probally not good for the diet, but they sure tasted good...lol. I wouldnt make them on a regular basis.

      Delete
    2. Who's diet? Mine or yours..;0) I still can eat "regular" food, just have to not go crazy. No way I'm giving up pizza all together...lol

      Delete
  2. okay, grilled pizza sandwiches for lunch tomorrow! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete