Saturday, August 4, 2012

Light Cooking The Last Two Weeks...

So between the combination of the flu, hot and humid weather, and the heating element going in my oven, I have not cooked much the last couple of weeks. However, I did make some amazing fried potatoes three nights ago.

I took approximately 8-10 fresh white California potatoes I purchased our local Pray's Farmers Market and sliced them by hand in to a non stick frying pan with 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.  Once the potatoes where in the frying pan, I chopped up one onion in to medium size pieces and added them. After adding the onion, I chopped up two small jalapeno peppers from my garden and added them.  Then I added two heaping teaspoons of fresh chopped garlic.  A small amount of salt, and a good amount of pepper, and two pinches of cayenne pepper, and a considerable amount of  paprika.  I cooked the potatoes on medium till they were browned, and then turned them down on low to let them finish cooking.   Once the potatoes are cooked through, I added a combination of shredded Colby Jack Cheese and Mozzarella Cheese to the top of the potatoes like a pizza, and removed the pan from the heating element and let the cheese melt over the top.  They were warm, tasty, and had just the right amount of heat from the Jalapenos.  For those of you that do not normally like fried potatoes, my boyfriend Bob usually doesn't like fried potatoes either, but he thought these were delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment